Online Framing Instructions
What is Online Framing?
Most artwork (paintings, prints etc) will still require Custom Framing and a personal visit to our store.
However, for those who want to frame photographs of family/friends/travels etc, our new Online Framing service offers you the experience of customising your frame from the convenience of your computer/mobile phone. Just email us your photo, and select your frame from a wide selection (120+) of options. For those who want Mounts (Mats), we have 30+ colours to choose from as well. We will print your photograph, frame it according to your selection, and deliver it anywhere in India.
How Do I Email My Photograph
- Make sure to upload the original high-resolution photo.
- Photos that have been compressed by WhatsApp or other messaging apps will NOT be suitable for printing anything larger than a 4x6" size.
- If you have trouble uploading your original photo, it can be e-mailed to email@example.com seperately along with your name and contact info.
- Sometimes photos look brighter on a computer or phone screen, but when printed may appear a bit darker. Please complete all the editing required on your photo before uploading it.
- We work with top-quality printers to print your photographs.
- CHEMOULD FRAMES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF PRINTING BEING UNSATISFACTORY DUE TO LOW-RESOLUTION IMAGES / POOR IMAGE QUALITY.
How Do I Select A Frame?
The easiest option is to email us the photograph, and let our trained staff suggest few options that you can choose from. If you would rather do the entire selection process yourself, follow the instructions below:
- We have 120 frames, arranged into 8 Collections. Click on a particular Collection to view the main page
- Every Collection has a few additional 'Zoom' images showing a closeup of the frames.
- Remember the number of the frame you choose, and select it from the dropdown menu.
- A Pencil is included in each Collection photograph of the Frames. This is a reference, and will give you idea of the width of the frames in comparison to a pencil.
What Is A Mount (Mat) ?
- A Mount (Mat) is an additional 'border' that can enhance the look of a framed piece.
- Properly proportioned, a mount serves to help draw the eye in towards the framed piece.
- Why use a Mount for your Photo? Visit: "The Right Mat for Your Artwork"
- All 8 Collections of Frames have 2 images of Mounts. Choose the colour that best compliments the photograph, and select the number from the dropdown menu.
NOT SURE OF MOUNT SIZE / COLOUR ?
No worries! Pick the closest colour to your liking and send us a note asking for our help. Our Framing Professionals, who have decades of experience framing all types of artwork, will use their judgement to assist you with your order.
SEND US A NOTE
Let us know about any special details about your order. If you would like a Double-Mount or a mount with custom dimensions, mention it in the note, and our trained framing professionals will contact you regarding the details.
CHOOSE THE SIZE OF FRAME
- The final size of your frame will depend on the size of your photograph, and the width of your mount. Select this from the choices in the dropdown menu or mention any custom dimensions by Sending us a Note.